Thursday, March 22, 2012

Redefining Sexy


Sexy

Several months ago, my husband and I were in Las Vegas and were taken aback by a bunch of 20-somethings heading out to go clubbing. They were dressed to impress – complete with skirts up to their choochilas and tops so low cut that everything short of nipples was exposed! I’m not talking short – I’m talking obscene!

Some of these gals were stunning with great bodies and others were a bit on the “hefty” side. But it didn’t matter! They looked like they could’ve been working Hollywood and Vine (ya know from Pretty Woman).

Let’s imagine one of these girls met the “Man of her dreams” at the bar dressed like hooker. What do you think the man is going to expect that night? I’m sure most of these gals probably do have morals, but based on what they were wearing, they’re simply sending out the “you’re going to get lucky” message. 

Allow me to sound like grandma now. (Wait, I really am one – but Niccie calls me “Tutu” so it doesn’t count.) Anyway, in my day, I think I was pretty hot – I wore everything from blonde wigs to rubber dresses at UndercoverWear Fashion Shows – and I certainly had the “strut” down pat. 

But if I think back to when I was dating my husband, I hope I looked sexy without ever coming close to looking like a hooker!

Young women today should learn that sexy doesn’t mean looking X rated. Marilyn Monroe was the ultimate sex symbol for blonde; Sophia Loren had raw sex appeal; and don’t forget Grace Kelly’s class and aristocratic sex appeal. Obviously, my age is showing, but seriously, I find these legendary ladies far sexier than Pam Anderson or Lady Gaga.

Of course men love to look at women with big boobs in low cut dresses the size of a bandage - unquestionably they do. But then again, even my husband says, “Men are pigs.”

Now, that’s out of a man’s mouth, so don’t start writing letters. You’ve all heard the story about the “Men are pigs and deserve to fry” club my friends formed when their husbands cheated on them. They all still have the 18k gold pig pins and custom t-shirts I had designed for club members only! 

I digress… The bottom line is this – look sexy, but look like a lady. Here’s my take on sexy at every age:

20 year olds think they have to look sexy 
30 year olds think they’re naturally sexy
40 year olds act sexy  (yep, enter confidence)
50 year olds wonder if they’re too old to be sexy
60 year olds want someone – ANYONE – to say they’re sexy
70 year olds try to remember sexy
80 year olds are glad they don’t have to be sexy
90 year olds – by God – they are SEXY!


Remember this ladies, sexy is what sexy does!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. SOO True. I don't get WHY these girls give it away! SMH... sexy is as sexy does ! It's sad because the young 20 (babies) don't have a clue how incredible they really are, If they did they wouldn't be giving the goods away..silly girls :/ I Love your post

    ReplyDelete