Sunday, March 4, 2012

A clarification from Tiffany...


Apparently, Miss U’s blog about her facelift has caused some confusion. So much that I’ve received a plethora of calls and emails asking me exactly what type of cosmetic surgery I’ve had!

OK everyone; I have a couple of questions:
1.     Do you all think I need a facelift?
2.     Do you all think I need lots of other nipping and tucking?
And finally…
If I had a facelift, do you really think I’d put it in a blog?

So no. I’ve had nothing done. If I ever do, you’ll all see it immediately – way before you read about it. If I do decide to “have stuff done,” I’m not one of those gals who want to look “rested.” Forget that nonsense – I’d want to look younger…MUCH younger!

Let’s just say I was thinking about it. The perfect age would maybe be forty. Yes, that’s it. I think I’ll go for a consultation and see if they can make me look forty. It’ll be wonderful – when I go out with my husband, I will be the “trophy” wife. How fun.

Wait; there may be a flaw in my plan. The trophy wife thing is great, but what happens when I’m out with my son? He’s 40 and I’m his mom (who looks 40). There could only be one explanation for that – he’s my son, but from my husband’s first marriage and I love him like my own. After all, he does look more like my husband, so maybe I could get away with that. Unfortunately, it may not work – he has MY personality and my granddaughter is way too much like me!

OK. Plan B – I’ll look 50. So, Jamie is 40 and I’m 50. I’ll simply tell everyone I was born in the back woods of the south and married when I was nine. It’s a joke everyone, let’s not talk about political correctness. Joke – ha ha!

Here are the facts – when you have a son who’s 40, even if you lie about your age, you’re still “old!” I’m not looking for positive reinforcement like, “Tiffany you don’t look your age.” Nor am I searching for words of wisdom like, “your only as old as you feel” or “age is only a number.” And while you’re at it, let’s skip my favorite, “60 is the new 50 and 50 is the new 40.”

Let’s face it, 50 is 50; 60 is 60. And, in this stage of life (actually every stage of life), what’s most important isn’t a number – it’s staying healthy, maintaining a positive mental attitude and living each day to the fullest. My favorite UCW mantra I ever wrote is, “Remember where you came from, thank God for where you are and look forward to where you are going.” In other words, embrace the memories of the past, live for the moment and stay focused on what you want to achieve in your life – personally and professionally. 


Here it is – I’m 62! I can’t believe I actually said it. And damn it, I neither look it, nor feel it. So, I’m going with the cliché, “I’m like fine wine – I get better with age.”

Having said that, maybe I should look into Botox!

No comments:

Post a Comment